Irving, TX, United States
Clevel, Executive, It, Engineering, Sciences, 100k
Vice President - Senior Video Streaming and Digital Signage Engineer - New York, NY','18076544','!*!Senior Video Streaming and Digital Signage Engineer-18032312
Who are we?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
The Video Infrastructure and Conferencing Team is looking for a Senior Video Streaming and Digital Signage Engineer to help administer Citi’s global video and audio conferencing solutions. The primary function of the team is operations and our top priority is to manage the issues and incidents that are escalated from the L2 team quickly and effectively. The team is also responsible for managing the transition of new services and product enhancements from development into production. We assist the development efforts by advocating for the operational use cases and providing feedback to optimize service quality.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
• 5 years of experience developing and optimizing real time video streaming systems in large enterprise environments
• 5 years of experience working with PBX integration scenarios including inbound and outbound PSTN and SIP Trunking
• Direct work experience with video codecs (e.g. VP8, H.323, H.264), knowledge of how the various codecs work, and the ability to recommend the appropriate codec based on a specific set of use cases
• Deep knowledge of data networking and the unpredictability and variability of the Internet impact the user experience. Understanding how packet loss, latency, bandwidth, jitter, etc. are measured and how these impact communications is a must.
• 3-5 years of experience with Cisco Video Communications Server, Telepresence Management Suite, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Core Role Competencies
Project Management: Experience leading projects or programs across multiple technical domains, business sectors and/or functions. Lays out a thorough schedule, uses achievements to track and handle the progress, looks for obstacles and develops contingency plans.
Processes/Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
Customer and Industry Knowledge: Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions.
Commercial and Financial Acumen: Identifies and monitors key indicators to gauge performance and identify trends, and makes decisions considering the bottom line.
Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
Execution Excellence: Gets involved in a project or initiative that has many actions and uncompromising time frames. Follows through on commitments and takes ownership to ensure that others follow through as well.
Organizational Change Management: Adapts quickly to changing conditions. Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Focuses on the long-term good of the change; able to clearly explain the effects of changes, supports others who are experiencing difficulty of the change. Provides opportunities for others to ask questions and make suggestions about change efforts. Handles complexity.
Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors.
Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed.','!*!Essentials Requirement
• Experience with Pexip and Qumu are desirable
• Experience with Webex or GotoMeeting is desirable
• Experience with Lync 2010/Skype for Business as a video endpoint is desirable
• Experience with IT Service Management / ITIL v3 processes and best practices
• Experience with Network Management and Monitoring tools
• Proficiency writing automations using PERL or Python manipulate RESTful APIs
Skills / Experience Levels
· You have project experience migrating and deploying solutions in the applicable area of technical knowledge/expertise
· You have excellent social and organizational skills, able to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and changing priorities
· You have strong communication skills with the ability to influence manage and articulate clearly to project partners and senior management
· You have a positive, do what it takes attitude to drive success
· You care about providing a great experience to your internal customers.
· You are attentive to details and have confidence with project tracking, reports, metrics and presentations. You are proficient with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project, or other analytical tools associated with project management
· You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.','Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity','Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity','Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.','Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.','NAM-USA-TX-Irving','','Technology','Full-time','Bachelor's Degree','Day Job','Regular','No','15368 - NAM - UNITED STATES - TX - IRVING - 4050 REGENT BLVD','15368 - NAM - UNITED STATES - TX - IRVING - 4050 REGENT BLVD','Vice President - Senior Video Streaming and Digital Signage Engineer - New York, NY'
Website : http://www.citigroup.com
Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.