Clevel, Executive, Finance, 100k
The New York based team covers clients and projects across the continents of North and South America. We also have teams globally in the Europe, Asia, and Australia. In providing our advice and funding, we collaborate with specialists across the range of energy subsectors in which project finance is utilized including thermal and renewable power generation, LNG, oil and gas pipelines, petrochemicals, refining, and fertilizers.
In addition to our core project finance advisory and lending business, we can support clients with a full spectrum of capital solutions through the wider Global Banking and Investor Services division drawing on colleagues’ experience in M&A, Equity Capital Markets, Private Placements, Debt Capital Markets, and Project Bonds.
We were recently awarded ‘Bank of the Year, Europe 2017’ and ‘Global Advisor of the Year 2016” by Project Finance International Last year we also won the Golden Trophy for “Corporate and Investment Bank: Energy, Infrastructure, and Transport Sector”.
The role of the position of Vice President, in the Advisory and Project Finance Team, is to support in the execution and the origination of both advisory and arranging activities in the Energy and Project Finance sector (including oil & gas, petrochemicals and power, including renewables). Day to day responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
1. Provide essential support to deal team leader(s) in the execution and origination of both advisory and financing mandates
2- Preparation of client pitches and coordination of pitch presentations
3- Execution of advisory mandates:
- Preparation of comprehensive financing strategy
- Analysis of financing alternatives/solutions
- Optimization of financing structures
- Preparation of reports and position papers, including presentations to clients
- Review of financial models
- Preparation of financial plan for bid submissions
- Review and comment on relevant commercial agreements
- Review and comment on relevant financing agreements
- Negotiations with clients, potential financiers and public sector investors
- Management and coordination of project closings
- Managing and developing junior staff
4- Execution of arranging mandates:
- Preparation of term sheets
- Review of project documentation
- Negotiation of loan documentation with clients
- Identification of opportunities to improve the banks profitability from the transaction
- Risk analysis
- Preparation and presentation of credit applications
- Liaising and coordinating with other departments involved in the transaction
- Supervision of the closing process
- Ongoing support of the transaction post financial close
5- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Energy sector, as well as current market conditions and financing trends.
6- The identification of opportunities in the market.
7- Maintaining and building relationships with target clients.
1- Technical Skills:
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Strong numeracy skills, intimate understanding of accounting concepts, financial statements, cashflows and corporate finance valuation.
- Strong credit analysis skills (formal Credit training is a plus)
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Good knowledge of Bloomberg
- Strong presentation skills, both orally and in writing
- Capacity to understand complex financial structures and familiarity with credit and related legal documentation
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, pressure orientated environment and deliver under tight deadlines
- Solid understanding of financial markets
- Ability to work in a team structure
3 - Qualifications:
- 6 years of prior experience in project financing with direct involvement in bid situations financial closes
- 3 years in developing complex financial models for project finance transactions
4- Educational Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree (mathematic, physics, engineering or economy/finance/business) from a top tier university
- Master’s degree
- Fluent English
- Second language a plus (Spanish speaking)
S63 & S79
Employees should understand the institution’s approach to risk management and their respective roles in supporting a strong risk culture, as outlined in the SGUS Operations Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Société Générale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Website : https://www.societegenerale.asia
In ten years’ time, digital technology will have become an essential component of the relationship with our customers, without, however, being an exclusive mode of communication. In the future, we will be able to closely anticipate customer expectations and, whatever the means of interaction they choose (branch, digital, mobile, multimedia platform), we will be able to offer appropriate solutions and a wider range of personalised services, meeting the needs of “digital natives” as well as those concerned by an issue as sensitive as dependency. Digital technology is a tremendous means for increasing our capacity to provide advice and expertise, but also simplifying the life of our customers.