Los Angeles, CA, United States
ADVANCEMENT OFFICER IV
Executive Director of Corporate, Foundation and Research Relations
Salary to commensurate with skills, knowledge and experience
Department Website URL:
****Job Summary Statement:
The Executive Director will provide leadership, oversight and strategic direction to professional development staff developing and implementing comprehensive development efforts for the unit of Corporate, Foundation and Research Relations. This individual will develop long term strategies aimed at large companies and foundations where business and philanthropic interest may reach beyond a single discipline or research topic. The Executive Director will establish close working relationships with departmental heads and faculty and will become thoroughly familiar with activities and research interests in order to develop research and philanthropic partnerships with industries that lead to gifts, grants, contracts, etc. This individual will provide research on current funding activities of specific companies and foundations and facilitate introduction of appropriate campus personnel to companies and foundations. The Executive Director will manage a portfolio of the campus' most complex and important corporate and foundation partners and will work with leadership, volunteers and donors to identify new prospective corporate donors. This individual will collaborate closely with campus units to provide leadership, partnership, consultation and/or support as appropriate with regards to specific corporate and foundation prospects and/or general corporate and foundation fundraising strategies. Additionally, this position will work with the Associate Vice Chancellor, Development on campus-wide or multi-disciplinary projects where appropriate, especially those with special appeal to corporate or foundation support.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Seven years of increasingly responsible experience in foundation and corporate fundraising in a higher education setting and/or similar experience in a nonprofit, industry relations or related environment working with corporate and foundation funders.
2. Strong understanding of funding frameworks for private foundations with a demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement appropriate, individualized strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of corporate and foundation prospects.
3. Demonstrated experience in soliciting high-level gifts and/or other solicitations of a similar nature, level and complexity.
4. Management and administrative skills to organize, direct, motivate and evaluate professional staff and volunteers.
5. Demonstrated experience with budget preparation and resource management.
6. Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement marketing, communications, and operations support services including the ability to envision and articulate future direction.
7. Outstanding organizational skills and ability to exercise initiative, work proactively, and accept responsibility.
8. Ability to navigate and thrive in a complex and dynamic environment, managing conflicting priorities and coordinating multiple tasks.
9. Advanced written communication skills to communicate campus priorities and concerns by letter and proposal to senior corporate and foundation executives. Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen, to build and maintain effective partnerships at all organizational levels and with outside constituencies.
10. Proven strong team-building skills, creating liaisons with campus development colleagues, academic and administrative leadership, and faculty to develop effective cultivation and solicitation strategies.
11. Familiarity with rapidly evolving issues related to corporate and foundation relations and higher education funding, finance and compliance.
12. Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as required.
13. Knowledge of UCLA and its philanthropic history is preferred.
14. Prior experience in a capital campaign is preferred.
15. Advanced degree is preferred.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information No Response
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy:****Apply Now