VP of Manufacturing
Salary up to 200K plus up to 10% bonus plus company car.
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction for the plant, and plant manufacturing operations in order to maximize its profitability and efficiencies. Departments under control of this position are Production (Assembly, Plastics, and Stamping), Production Control, Shipping/Receiving, and Quality Control. Qualified candidates MUST have Automotive, metal stamping and Lean environment experience. Relocation package may be available. Location is in Shelbyville.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide daily leadership and direction to functional staff leaders
2. Preparation of factory performance reports
a. Actual performance versus plan on various financial reports, cost savings goals and scrap & labor reports
a. Daily review of performance reports, review vacation requests, answer e-mails, consider investment proposals, address training issues, etc.
b. Develop subordinates and administer appraisals, compensation, etc. at the appropriate time
c. Budget preparation and semi-annual re-adjustment
d. Bill of material analysis and correction
e. Deal with HR/employee relations issues
3. Conduct administrative tasks
a. Report out on monthly action plan with focus on scrap, labor and cost savings results
b. Back-up plan preparation and reporting
4. Reporting of factory performance
a. Formal or informal discussions concerning process improvements, new model
development, customer issues, production issues, quality issues, etc.
b. Troubleshooting and problem solving for any factory issues
c. Deal with factory layout issues
d. Oversight of new model development initiatives
5. Ensure factory follows all safety practices and procedures to maximize safe working environment for employees
Technical Skill Requirements:
1. Post-graduate degree in operations management, industrial engineering or training in a recognized field of specialization. (Bachelors degree is required, Masters is not mandatory.)
2. 8 or more years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the automotive industry
3. Outstanding analytical ability to understand complex problems and develop effective solutions
4. Awareness of marketplace drivers in automotive components industry and how those can be leveraged effectively in conducting business for the organization
5. Awareness of emerging manufacturing technologies and systems and how they might be implemented within the business in order to gain operating efficiencies
6. Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills to positively motivate employees and the organization toward achieving goals
7. Excellent business planning and resource allocation skills to meet goals
Performance Skill Requirements:
1. Leadership: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; advocates new ideas, even when risk is involved; sets an example for co-workers; delegates responsibility and empowers associates to make decisions; takes personal accountability for decisions.
2. Problem Solving: Able to apply systems thinking to generate solutions; focuses on process rather than isolated events; obtains multiple assessments of a situation and identifies trouble spots; evaluates alternative solutions.
3. Results Orientation: Able to manage progress toward operational effectiveness; can implement preventative measures and establish clear accountability for action; confronts problems head on and takes decisive action.
4. Manage Change: Able to identify, support and implement appropriate change initiatives; promotes and builds support for change initiatives; encourages innovation and supports employees through the transition process.
5. Decisiveness: Able to stand by a decision, despite second guessing or disagreement from others; takes quick action in a high-risk crisis; can assess a situation and make an optimal decision despite limited information.
Other Key Competencies:
1. Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with customers or clients; listens well
2. Develop Others: Able to appraise the strengths and weaknesses of subordinates in order to maximize chance of success; formulates an improvement action plan and creates a learning climate; empowers others to take action
3. Energizing Others: Able to exhibit a “can-do” approach and inspires associates to excel; uses competition to encourage others; develops performance standards and confronts negative attitudes; develops team spirit
4. Goal Setting: Able to formulate business plans with measurable desired outcomes; translates action plans into quantifiable and realistic goals with associated deadlines for self or others
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for the following positions: General Manager of Manufacturing, Senior PC Manager, Production Manager, and Plant Manager. Duties include planning work for subordinates, observing performance, appraising, developing, coaching and holding subordinates accountable for results
Environment and Conditions:
The incumbent spends over 50% of his/her time developing and maintaining business contacts within the organization and up to 15% of his/her time with external contacts. The purpose of these contacts is to discuss quality or delivery issues, discuss profitability issues, discuss production problems,discuss material or supplier issues, discuss equipment issues or orders and discuss sales forecasts and performance to those plans.
This position occupies an open-office environment. Exposure to weather elements is not likely. Incumbents are not likely to drive a vehicle while performing job responsibilities. Incumbents spend approximately 60% sitting and 40% walking in the course of this position and are unlikely to lift anything greater than 10 pounds. Incumbents will use the following office machines while performing job duties: computer, printer, copier, fax, telephone and calculator. Will also use all operational and administrative procedural documents provided by the company.
Please send resumes that demonstrate where you have driven down cost, increased quality and increased production in their prior firms.
Send to - [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]