Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO seeks a Managing Attorney for its Macon, Georgia Staff Counsel Office, which defends GEICO insureds in third party cases and GEICO in first party cases in the Macon area. The office also handles subrogation cases for **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO). Candidate must have substantial civil litigation experience in the personal injury area, preferably in insurance defense, to manage our Macon Staff Counsel office. Prior experience in a staff counsel operation is desirable. In addition to managing the attorneys and support staff the Manager is expected to maintain a reduced caseload of higher exposure/complexity cases.
The Managing Attorney is responsible for:
* Litigation oversight, including new case evaluations and assignments, internal quality audits, trial
strategies, and final review of all cases designated for trial.
* Handling their designated cases from inception to trial.
* Managing the office administration and operations, budget and planning, as well as staffing and
* Georgia Bar membership in good standing
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in personal injury litigation
* Experience handling motor vehicle, PIP and subrogation cases
* Extensive jury trial and verdict experience
* Insurance defense experience strongly desired
* Prior staff management experience preferred
* Strong communication and MS Office skills
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nations largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. Were an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Website : http://www.geico.com/
Want to find out just how many customers we serve? Interested in seeing proof of GEICO's financial strength? Just want to know what the heck GEICO stands for? You've come to the right place. Peruse the facts and figures here to find out everything you've ever wanted to know about GEICO corporate operations. What does GEICO Stand for? Government Employees Insurance Company. Puzzled, are you? Well, the name goes back to the beginnings of the company. Founder Leo Goodwin first targeted a customer base of U.S. government employees and military personnel. Today, of course, the company has grown to provide insurance to a wide range of customers, no matter whether they're employed by Uncle Sam or the private sector.