the leader in the self-storage industry, built its first facility in 1972. Today, Public Storage operates over 2,200 company-owned locations in the United States and Europe, totaling more than 141 million net rentable square feet of real estate. Based on the number of customers and rentable square feet, Public Storage is one of the largest landlords in the world.
Public Storage currently has an excellent opportunity for a Vice President of Construction
to be based in Glendale, CA.
The Vice President of Construction will report to the SVP of Construction. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, design and construction of company facilities in an assigned Region. Also, is responsible for the selection, training, guidance, development and management oversight of Construction Managers as direct reports. Provide direction and supervision of all field activities related to physical construction. Develops and manages project budgets and schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Selects and supervises Construction Managers.
• Oversee the development of project budgets and cost estimates.
• Participate in the design process and permit submittal.
• Manage the bid process.
• Interview, qualify, recommend and select General Constructors, Design Consultants and miscellaneous vendors.
• Develop and manage project budgets and project schedules.
• Arrange, schedule and conduct key project meetings.
• Organize and manage all project data.
• Review and verify submitted applications for payment and perform overall fiscal management of multiple construction projects.
• Provide functional direction over areas of responsibility including project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration and quality control.
• Review and monitor overall administration of contracts for the architects and related consultants during the construction phase.
• Develop and recommend internal policies and procedures.
• Advise Management of any project delays or budget challenges and identify option/alternatives.
• Perform property inspections, including climbing ladders and walking on roof tops.
• Perform other job related duties as requested.
A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or other related field required.
A minimum of 10 years of related experience in Construction Management.
A minimum of 5 years managing direct reports and large programs with annual construction values exceeding 100M per year.
Strong technical experience in construction, contracting and facilities management.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, strategic planning, and project management skills.
• Experience in the development of scopes, budgets and schedules.
• Ability to develop and present complex construction budgets using Excel or other specialized software.
• Relevant experience developing construction cost estimates, project budgeting, accounting and financial reconciliation.
• Strong proficiency with computers and the ability to learn new software as needed.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Travel as needed (25-75%).
offers competitive base and bonus, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSA's for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
Public Storage, Inc.
Website : http://www.publicstorage.com
Public Storage built its first self-storage facility in 1972. Today it operates over 2,200 unique and diverse company-owned locations in the United States and Europe, totaling more than 142 million net rentable square feet of real estate. Its PS Business Parks interest adds another 28 million(approx.) rentable square feet of commercial and industrial space. Based on number of tenants, Public Storage is among the largest landlords in the world.