The position requires executive-level leadership experience in a growth environment and the ability to:
• Identify, recruit, and retain highly qualified partners, typically highly accomplished professionals and entrepreneurs with a passion for venture philanthropy.
• Guide and support the volunteer engagement of these partners to accomplish SDSVP’s purpose.
• In the role of SDSVP ambassador to San Diego and the surrounding area, increase our recognition and influence, establish working relationships, and spur collaboration in the philanthropic and business communities
• In close collaboration with the Board and functional team chairs, create and achieve a multi-year strategic plan and tactical annual plans, each with measurable outcomes and defined milestones
• Measure, and communicate SDSVP’s impact on the community, non-profit organizations, and Partners
• Recruit New Partners and increase our membership
• Raise additional funds to support SDSVP programs and establish co-funding relationships
• Oversee Partner education and subsequent involvement with nonprofit organizations, providing guidance and support
• Serve as SDSVP’s primary interface with the SVPI network
• Oversee all legal and financial matters
• Manage 3 professional staff members who handle administration, programs, and operations
• Passion for community involvement, engaged philanthropy, and venture philanthropy
• Desire to help non profits, individuals, and the community reach their full potential
• Proven capacity to be the ambassador of the organization within the San Diego community
• Ability to build SDSVP membership and retain existing partners
• The ability and passion to effectively engage SDSVP Partners in our work
• Successful development track record: proven ability to raise additional funds from outside philanthropic sources
• Ability to motivate, build consensus and lead collaboratively with a proven track record of achieving results through influence and communication without formal hierarchical authority.
• Strong relationship management, business management, and project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with substantial public speaking experience
• Competent with common office software (such as MS Office, Salesforce.com) and online media.
• Evenings and weekend work as may be required by meetings and special events
Education and Experience:
• 5 or more years experience leading and advancing growth in a $1MM or larger for-profit or non-profit organization.
• 2 or more years of:
o Demonstrated success in fundraising, sales, or business development
o Management experience in an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture where results depend on teamwork
• C level management experience preferred
• Formal education in a related field of study.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to **** Submissions will be accepted through August 2nd, 2013.
Reference the job title and Bridgespan.org when applying for a job in addition to following all application instructions in the posting.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert