$80,000.00 - $100,000.00
Network Engineer Job Description Our client, our people make the difference. We employ some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet to deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that help improve the world and meet commercial, defense, and government challenges. We continually seek qualified candidates to join in contributing to our outstanding global team. From real-time in-flight information updates and data transfer, instant connectivity for aircraft arriving at the gate, to hardware and third party application support, eEnabled technology ensures seamless and continuous communications between the air and the ground at all times. Our client in Annapolis, MD is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join its eEnabled Aircraft Solutions team. The Senior Network Engineer will: - Be responsible for requirements analysis, developing systems and network design and topology, preparing operational scenarios and conducting performance and quality analysis.
- Develop templates and configure networking hardware.
- Prepare system test plans, conduct system level functional and regression testing for field releases.
- Be responsible for Network Infrastructure, Network Management, and Digital Security functions.
- Provide overall customer support.
- Support related industry standardization and regulatory activities.
- Support and adhere to documented engineering processes within an ISO 9001 environment.
Qualifications Required Experience: - A minimum of 10 years overall systems and network engineering experience working with multi-component systems
- Demonstrated ability to design data network solutions using current LAN/WAN technologies and routing protocols INCLUDING wireless protocols such as 802.11 and 3G/4G mobile data communications
- Knowledgeable on Cisco data network components
- Knowledgeable on Network Management systems (e.g., NAGIOS)
- Has ability to read and comprehend specifications documents and apply the protocols or theories to the current task
- Demonstrated understanding of project life cycle support, including requirements development, analysis, design, test, implementation, and operations and maintenance
- Experienced with both Windows and Linux OS environments
- Able to produce quality product output (design documentation, code, etc.) which meets stated requirements and within schedule
- Must be able to work independently in a global team-oriented environment
- Strong written and oral communication (including listening) skills are required
- Proficiency with PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be flexible with work hours including occasional off-hours work because of dealing with International customers
- Has ability to professionally and effectively interact with internal and external customers Desired Experience:
- Security , CISSP, or other relevant information assurance certifications (SANS, EC-Council, etc.) desired
- Knowledgeable on major data networking equipment vendors
- Understanding of aviation data communication protocols and digital security specifications (664, 822, 842, ATA Spec 42)
- Knowledgeable on current IT technologies (Data Security, Web Services, SOA)
- Experience using Configuration Management applications (e.g., Trac/Subversion)
- Experience testing large, multi-component systems
- Experience supporting international development initiatives
- Experience developing technical standards at the national and international level
- Experience working with high availability systems
- Experience providing on-call technical support Education/Certification Required:
- Typically requires as MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. A Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience and technical expertise will be acceptable.
Join Aerotek, one of the leading providers of engineering and engineering support professionals in North America. Due to our growth, we''re constantly on the lookout for qualified professionals to place in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent placement positions across a number of different industries. We know it''s more than just your day-to-day responsibilities that can make or break a job. It''s the support you get. That''s the reason Aerotek offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, optical, 401k, and many more. Don''t put your career in the hands of just anyone, put it in the hands of a specialist. Join the Aerotek team! Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.