Vice President, Business Development
Requisition ID: 2012
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Vice President, Business Development
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
In conjunction with and reporting to the Medical Foundation Executive Officer, the Vice President of Business Development is responsible for driving all business development initiatives to includethe exploration, expansion, development, and management of business opportunities. This role facilitates the strategic and tactical transition of new services from the development phase into hospital operations, thereby fostering sustainable expanded access to care. Execute the strategy to expand and build a high-quality integrated system of oncology care that provides value to the patients in the communities which the City of Hope Medical Group (COHMG) serves including ambulatory and outpatient practices and multiple outside medical facilities. This role works closely with the Executive Team and others across City of Hope, which includes City of Hope National Medical Center, Development Group, and Beckman Research Institute.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Responsible for identifying opportunities for business expansion, including clinical program development, geographic expansion, and practice or other business acquisitions which align with the organization’s business development goals.
* Supports the execution of the strategic plan as it relates to business development and develops and leads City of Hope’s growth strategy as it relates to joint ventures, clinical integration, and professional services agreement (PSA) arrangements, etc.
* Builds collaborative relationships with management teams and physician leaders, providing functional direction or project oversight, as requested, for entity planning or business development functions.
* Collaborates with other leaders to support broader growth objectives throughout the organization as appropriate.
* Identifies researches, analyzes and values new business opportunities (i.e. potential acquisitions, partnerships, investments, licensing, and other strategic growth opportunities).
* Evaluates business plans assuring their accuracy and comprehensiveness.
* Develops and communicates the strategic business proposals to obtain executive leadership and Board support for proposed business development initiatives.
* Analyzes industry dynamics and the competitive landscape and identifies opportunities for expansion in key growth markets and regions.
* Ensures that initiatives and projects are prioritized and aligned with business needs and strategy.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration, Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent education and experience strongly preferred.
* At least 10 years experience in healthcare management, business planning, and/or business development. Consulting experience a plus.
* Demonstrates superior skills in working with physician leaders and developing relationships with outside organizations.
* Knowledge of finance and valuation methodologies required.
* Significant knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and business planning processes including financials, particularly as they relate to healthcare.
* Knowledge of health plan economics; strategy development, business planning and marketing methodologies; forecasting and scenario building techniques; integrated physician-hospital organizational structures/relationships and physician organization models.
* Strong contract negotiation skills.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of acute care hospital and health care management methods including financial management practices, and knowledge of local, regional and general health care market trends.
* Demonstrated leadership, communication, project management and executive management skills. Demonstrated sound financial leadership (including budgeting and finance).
* Superior interpersonal communication and facilitation skills – an effective leader who relates well with physicians, care providers, administration and boards of directors.
* Experienced at facilitating resolution of conflicts and grievances, handling highly charged problems and situations in a calm and objective manner.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive medical-legal and professional subjects.
* Expresses commitment to City of Hope’s mission, personally identifies with its vision and takes pride in shared success.
* Builds and maintains collaborative relationships across all functions and levels within the organizationand promotes synergy.
* Exhibits flexibility while influencing others to improve processes and implement changes.
* Anticipates needs, responds quickly, provides guidance and support, monitors and follows up as required.
* Exhibits outstanding communication skills and produces concise, incisive, logical written documents.
* Approaches change by accomplishing milestones and works with and through others to drive change.
* Possesses a style which is both innovative and results-oriented.
* Enjoys the challenge of managing multiple projects, multiple customers and constituents that require attention.
* Thrives in a fast-paced, demanding,ambiguous and matrixed environment, and remains calm in crisis.
* Interacts easily with a wide variety of interpersonal styles and is open-minded on alternative means of getting needed business results.
* Succeeds in very complex environments wherein decision-making may be diffuse and often ambiguous.
* Demonstrates ability to think strategically, understand and actively contribute to strategic planning, and develop and operationalize strategic and business plans in accordance with the organization’s mission.
* Exhibits a high degree of professionalism and competency dealing with a variety of individuals including physicians, senior executives, hospital administration, consultants and Boards of Directors.
* Role model of institutional leader.
* Motivates people and gets things done without relying upon “top down” managerial authority.
* Builds a culture of personal accountability for results and promotes a culture of outcomes based accountability.
* Advocates for quality patient care and sound medical group organization and support; has a “spark and passion” for serving the patient, while maintaining a high level of professional and ethical standards.
Relocation assistance may apply for this opportunity.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute
Website : http://www.cityofhope.org