AVP Product Planning
Job ID 2013-24540 # Positions 1
Location US-VA-Virginia Beach
Search Category Sales & Marketing
Type Regular Full-Time (30 hours) Posted Date 10/9/2013
Additional Locations US-NATIONWIDE
More information about this job:
Under the direction of the VP, Medicaid Product Development, the AVP Medicaid Product Development plans, organizes, and manages complex Product Development initiatives in support of AGP/WLP strategic and competitive positioning designed to capture new/expanded business opportunities. . This person will work cross-functionally across the organization to ensure the successful development and delivery of health plan product offerings. The AVP:
- Conducts analysis of Product opportunities to understand potential capability gaps and opportunities to leverage existing capabilities and solutions to enhance WLP market share
- Manages the development of new products in response to emerging market opportunities or evolving policy.
- Supports the identification, qualification, and selection of product opportunities and initiatives
- Contributes to business case analysis and defense in discussions with the Growth Committee to advance business decisions about enhancements to the Medicaid product offering.
- Directs and facilitates the design, development and implementation of new products
- Design and develop full scale product models for recommendations to Growth Committee to advance the WLP market position.
- Establish working relationships with the GBD Medicaid business functions and with the Medicaid health plans to develop the necessary product requirements and solutions.
- Conceptualize new products and facilitate discussions with internal stakeholders to capture new product ideas. Develop plans and timelines for new product implementation.
- Conduct research and analysis of potential product solutions to support the development of business cases for new solutions and capabilities.
- Manage the development of new capabilities with GBD functional leaders to fill identified capability gaps in advance of procurements.
- Lead assessment activity for new product ideas, including high level assessments and deep-dive product analysis. Communicate product assessments to internal stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Lead complex or large new product introductions utilizing exceptional organization and project management skills, including description of market needs, business case/feasibility analysis, product concept proposals, Medicaid growth strategies and detailed customer-driven product specifications.
- Study new products, strategic partnerships and other new business opportunities that align with the Medicaid growth strategy.
- Collaborate with Finance to perform financial and other analyses required to evaluate new product development and market development opportunities.
- Direct and lead interdisciplinary work groups to drive the development and operating model design of new products and capabilities, ensuring goals are achieved.
- Interact and network with the senior management in all Medicaid health plans, functions and business units regarding product and market development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain tools, templates, and business process to support product planning activity.
- Create and manage project plans and development budgets for multiple initiatives.
- Other activities and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related discipline
- Masters degree (MBA, MHA, MPH)
- Clinical experience (RN, LPN, LCSW)
Years and Type of Experience Required:
- Ten years relevant work experience in product or business development in managed care sector with at least 5 years leadership/ management experience.
- Five years experience in managing large projects and leading cross-functional teams
- Management-level experience in three out of five of the following areas:
-Planning and Forecasting
-Product Strategy Development
-Managed Care Operations
-Excellent leadership, influence, and communication skills
-High energy, detail-oriented and creative individual
- Public sector experience is highly valued.
Specific Technical Skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Exceptional project management and cross-functional implementation skills.
- Proven success in qualifying product/business opportunities, targeting markets, and designing viable products in healthcare industry.
- Excellent communication, team-building and team-leading skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management throughout the organization.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Works well in a fast-growing, constantly changing environment and is able to effectively manage in this environment.
# Direct Reports: 2
# Indirect Reports: 0
Budgetary $ Responsibility: N/A
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
- Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to Amerigroup travel policies and procedures.
Sales & Marketing
Website : http://www.wellpoint.com
With an unyielding commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse customers, we are guided by the following principles: Our Mission WellPoint's mission is to improve the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. Our Core Values * Customer First * Integrity * Personal Accountability for Excellence * One Company, One Team * Continuous Improvement