Vice President of Service, Document Technology Division
Apply for this job online
Refer a friend to this job
More information about this job:
Develop, maintain and grow the service business companywide by planning, strategizing and creating future opportunities with the entire line of company products. This position serves on the senior management team for business and long-term decisions.
• Ensure successful completion of business plan, particularly revenue and EBIT goals.
• Works closely with Operations, particularly the Parts team, to achieve optimal business performance and customer satisfaction.
• Spend time in all markets across the state of Virginia to ensure effective leadership and communication.
• Works to support peers and subordinates in attaining their goals.
• Works to support other departments in attaining their goals/objectives.
• Works to keep and improve lines of communication open and concise with all departments.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Oversees Service team including Technical Training, Shop Technicians, and Dispatch.
• Meeting with direct reports on weekly basis, ensuring all are informed regarding service activity, calls, staffing, etc.
• Complete knowledge of service financials, review costs, sales, expenses, salaries, etc.
• Make financial decisions hourly, daily, and weekly to plan for immediate, short term, and long term goals of the company, our sales team, and our customer.
• Ensure Customer Satisfaction thru monthly, quarterly, etc... meetings with our large accounts.
• Strategize with sales managers and/or VP on pricing, delivery, and execution of every large bid.
• Analyze and drive profitability of contract renewals, particularly for larger accounts, to maintain and grow overall service profitability.
• Monthly review of manpower requirements/headcount. Work closely with HR to maintain a pipeline of candidates and ensure full headcount is maintained.
• Ensure continuing development of service managers as well as the entire division.
• Provide guidance to sales employees on opportunities for the company.
Physical Requirements for the Position:
• Spend time weekly in all ESI locations – Virginia Beach (headquarters), Richmond, Roanoke/Lynchburg. Requires overnight stay(s) away from Virginia Beach on a weekly basis.
• Ability to travel to customer sites, off-site meetings, company related functions, etc.
• Valid driver’s license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage required.
Educational Requirements for the Position:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business or a related field.
Experience Requirements for the Position:
• Minimum 10-12 years of related experience is required.
• Experience in the office product or similar industry required.
• Minimum of 6-8 years management experience supervising a staff of 10 .
• Experience managing managers and multiple locations.
Skills Requirements for the Position: - You will need to demonstrate your skills with past experience.
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Products and internet.
• Knowledge of BEI, eAutomate, MWA, V Filer and/or Microsoft CRM a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to use good judgment in performing conflicting demands and managing priorities.
• Ability to work evenings and weekend hours during peak periods.
• Critical thinking skills to assist in problem solving.
Electronic Systems, Inc. is a premier supplier and service provider of comprehensive information and office technology. We are committed to providing remarkable innovative solutions to our customers and for our employees, extensive training and development. We are passionate about building a team of highly qualified, customer focused individuals who contribute enthusiastically to our corporate culture and our company's success. With the competitive salary and benefits offered at ESI you can build more than a career, you will build a future.
Check us out at ****ESI is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer M/F/D/V, and maintains a drug-free workplace.