Job Profile 01991700 A subsidiary of one of the world’s largest privately-held companies, employing about 60,000 people in nearly 60 countries, has an opening for a Process Engineer. The company is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex, and polyester applications. Operating in more than 20 countries, they deliver exceptional value for their customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks. You may not realize it but their products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life, for example their fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding-and their polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. They are looking for a Process Engineer to provide compounding support with the production of the Engineering Polymers portfolio of products on pilot scale and production lines at the external manufacturing site. They are seeking candidates with experience in polymer compounding and the ability to serve as the liaison across multi cross-functional teams both internally and externally.
Key Responsibilities: * Lead by example with respect to health, safety, and environmental concerns in the manufacturing workplace.
* Develop operational guidelines for manufacturing specifications among the various compounding locations.
* Responsible for establishing manufacturing performance objectives and associated key performance indicators (consistent with compounding strategies) and accountable for performance results.
* Technical responsibility for optimizing the performance of the North America compounding assets in the most cost effective manner, including Capital investments identification, development and implementation.
* Lead operator training initiatives at site.
* Work closely with engineering polymer product development team to drive compounding process optimization through process tolerancing studies and screw design support.
* Drives reliability methodologies, criticality assessments, root cause analysis, and predictive and preventative maintenance for laboratory and pilot scale assets.
* As part of a global cross-functional team, lead the scale up and production of new engineering polymer products from laboratory compounding equipment to pilot scale and to production compounding assets in site and external manufacturing locations.
* Provide technical support to site project team related to compounding assets.
* Provide technical operations support for the production of commercialized engineering polymer products at internal and external manufacturing locations in North America.
* Interact with global team to drive process consistency across the regions. Works amongst the team of regional colleagues providing similar functionality in Asia, South America and Europe.
* Support technical service team on customer validation trials to determine the effects of compounding on end use applications.
* Technical lead support on the pilot scale compounding line.
* Responsible for high quality sample generation for customer trials.
* Supports small scale production runs on pilot scale line.
* Supports product development team on pilot scale screw design and process scalability to production assets.
Basic Qualifications: * Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or relevant areas of study * 3+ years of Engineering Plastics compounding experience
Preferred Qualifications: * Master’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or relevant areas of study * Experience utilizing Six Sigma methodologies